**Please note: this is NOT an event planning position!
The Farm at South Mountain is looking to hire a Farm Maintenance assistant to help set up equipment for the private and public events that The Farm hosts each season as well as maintain the property including our 1 acre garden.
The Farm at South Mountain is a 10-acre weddings and event venue with three farm-to-table restaurants, a modern market with local purveyors and an organic-style garden. The Farm is a fast-paced and vibrant property and we are looking for a candidate that has the same qualities.
– Organization and upkeep of all events materials and equipment
-Creating and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of all equipment
– Setting up and breaking down all equipment for each event
-Maintaining the cleanliness of public areas around property
-Attend a weekly events meeting to review event setups and layouts for each week
– Communicate with the events team about needs or breakages of equipment
– Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of each wedding venue
-Various tasks including but not limited to Pulling Weeds, Digging, Raking, Harvesting, –Planting Seeds, Mowing
-Tend to the Farm animals including cleaning coops/pens, collecting eggs, maintain fresh supply of food and water
-Perform routine general maintenance with direction from Operations Manager
-Use power tools, hand tools, landscaping equipment
• Ability to lift and move heavy items
• Experience in events preferred
• Understanding of layouts, set-up requirements, and spatial reasoning
• Ability to prioritize tasks on order of importance and urgency
• Experience driving company vans and box trucks (a bonus)
• Excellent communication skills for when working with team and clients
• Well-organized, able to work with tight deadlines
• Timeliness is essential, keeping on track with tasks and arriving on time daily
Arizona’s Original Farm-To-Table Experience is Hiring!
• #1 Most Romantic in Arizona
• #1 Farm-to-Table Restaurant
• AAA 4 Diamond
• Wine Spectator Magazine Award of Excellence
Quiessence at The Farm in Phoenix, Ariz. seeks an experienced Front of House Manager to join our award-winning team!
Are you passionate about seasonal food, local and international wines, and exceptional customer service? We’re looking for a distinct professional to manage our front of house staff and operations at Arizona’s “Hidden Gem”, Quiessence. At Quiessence, our philosophy is local, seasonal, and delicious. Our truly farm-to-table incorporates fresh produce, herbs, edible flowers, and eggs from our on-site Soil & Seed Garden into our hyper seasonal menus.
–Primary Objectives / Responsibility:–
Assists the general manager in the day-to-day operations of Quiessence restaurant. Is directly accountable for the supervision and management of the bar operations, host, servers, bussers, front of the house staff. Maintains the highest quality of beverage and service standards, cleanliness, sanitation and safety. In the absence of the general manager, oversees and coordinates the activities concerning all front-of-the-house operations. Success is real growth in sales, profit and market share. The manager should possess the following qualities:
• A cultural match (passionate, caring, people-focused, top-line driven while at the same time demonstrates fiscal responsibility)
• Leadership presence and involvement in shift management
• Models hospitality and delivers service excellence
• Professional image and demeanor
• Holds peers and staff accountable to expected results
–What You’ll be Doing:–
• Responsible for the overall operations for the front of house of the restaurant
• Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling and planning
• Create memorable dining experiences by exceeding guest expectations
• Work with HR in filling in staffing gaps, interview, and train
• Communicate with the Chef to ensure customers satisfaction
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures
• Complying with health and legal regulations
• Other duties assigned
–Preferred Qualifications and Skill Requirements:–
• 2+ years management in fine dining
• Proven developer of people
• Demonstrate a working understanding of business operations and financial results
• Ability to work on feet for at least 8 hours
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to multi-task, delegate and manage in a fine dining environment
The mission of Quiessence at The Farm is to create a rewarding local and seasonal dining experience by exceeding our client’s expectations to ensure customer loyalty with innovative cuisine, extraordinary service, and creative presentation.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. If you are hungry to succeed and thrive under pressure, you are a great fit for our team!
Please no in-person resume drop off. To be considered for an interview, please send your resume to [email protected] Must have prior fine dining experience to apply.
–About Quiessence at The Farm–
Quiessence is the fine dining dinner restaurant located at The Farm at South Mountain. Our menu changes daily based on local and seasonal availability. We have a garden onsite called “Soil & Seed Garden” that we utilize for most of our fresh vegetables. The remainder of our produce and menu items are sourced locally. We serve dinner 5 nights a week (Tuesday through Saturday). We offer a seasonal tasting menu every night as well as an a la carte menu (Tuesday through Thursday).
The Farm at South Mountain in Phoenix is seeking Prep Cooks, Line Cooks, and Dishwashers for two of its award-winning farm-to-table restaurants. Work for Arizona’s favorite brunch and lunch restaurants in the beauty of The Farm!
KITCHEN JOB POSITIONS:
Job includes kitchen prep and cooking at restaurants.
Must be able to replicate recipes and food presentation from head chef
Must have knowledge of dietary restrictions such as gluten free, vegan etc.
Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
Clean up station and take care of leftover food
Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Wash & store all dishes, china, equipment and flatware
Maintain a clean and sanitary work area
Must have reliable transportation
Must have flexible hours
Must be dependable
Must be able to work independently and perform duties quickly and efficiently
Ability to handle multiple priorities
Ability to stand for long period of time, lift at least 25 lbs., and bend, climb or work in confined spaces
To apply for any kitchen position, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
We are looking for Restaurant Servers to take orders and deliver them to our guests while maintaining and enhancing the quality of our customer service. This job position will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards. The goal is to accelerate our business development by providing customers with a memorable experience here at The Farm in Phoenix.
Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
Attend to customers upon entrance
Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
Take/serve orders and answer questions or make recommendations for other products
Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
Issue bills and accept payment
Proven restaurant serving experience
Customer-oriented approach and patience
Problem-solving and decision making skills
Hands on experience in cashier duties
Excellent people skills
Responsible and trustworthy
Attention to cleanliness and safety
Food safety training
To apply for a server position, please use the form at the bottom of this page.
Busy breakfast restaurant located in South Phoenix (close to Downtown Phoenix) is seeking a full-time Breakfast Cook and Kitchen Manager.
Primary Functions of the Position:
Provide leadership and direction on a consistent basis to other kitchen staff. Maintain excellence and profitability.
Secondary Functions of the Position:
Special projects assigned by Supervisors.
1. Maintain all Safety and Security standards and practices throughout The Farm. Immediately report to the General Manager any unsafe conditions, current or potential.
2. Adhere to a designated schedule.
3. Develop a culture of excellence in the Back of the house.
4. Interview, Hire, Train and Develop New Chefs, Cooks and Dish Crew
5. Train and Develop Current Kitchen Employees, perform job evaluations
6. Checks on the quality of food prepared in the kitchen and constantly checks for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
7. Ensures all dishes are uniform and the established portion sizes are adhered to.
8. Troubleshoot any food and kitchen related situations that arise.
9. Schedule hours for all full and part time employees in the kitchen with Managers approval.
10. Experience expediting busy line.
11. Train staff on existing and new Maricopa County Health Department regulations.
12. Develop specials
13. Ensures all in house daily procedures are followed.
14. Understands and adheres to all company rules and ensures these regulations are followed by staff members.
15. Establish and maintain effective employee relations as all times.
16. Ensure pricing from vendors by initiating daily/weekly price checks.
17. Order food related products
18. Ensure Customer Satisfaction.
19. Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
20. Perform other related tasks as assigned by Manager
21. Other job duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please send your resume and relevant work/life experience using the form at the bottom of this page. Please no phone calls or in person resume drop offs.